2:50 PM – Monday, December 4, 2023
Surfaced eyewitness accounts of sexual violence committed by Hamas terrorists on October 7th were disclosed in a newly released report, providing evidence of rape and other acts of cruelty that have been largely disregarded by the international community.
According to a report released on Sunday by U.K. newspaper the Sunday Times, survivors of the attacks and investigators shared new details of rape and mutilation that they observed during and after the tragic onslaught.
Yoni Saadon, 39, is one survivor of the massacre that took place at the Supernova Music Festival in Israel on October 7th, which resulted in some 360 people murdered. Saadon expressed to the outlet that he hid under deceased bodies for multiple hours in order to avoid being abducted and murdered by Hamas terrorists.
Throughout the time he was hiding, Saadon mentioned that he witnessed many revolting sights that he said still haunt him to this day.
At one moment, Saadon witnessed a woman surrounded by “eight or ten fighters beating and raping her” before she was later shot and murdered.
“When they finished, they were laughing,” he told the Sunday Times.
Following the October 7th terrorist attack, which killed at least 1,200 people, who were mostly civilians, as well as the abduction of at least 240 hostages, Saadon’s testimony is just one of many that have been brought to light.
Along with the tragically high death toll and number of hostages, evidence that has now surfaced shows the terrorists’ devastating cruelty, which included burning families alive, killing babies in front of their parents, and many other atrocities.
Police say that they have been in the process of investigating evidence of sexual violence, including reported gang rape and post-mortem harm.
Police investigations have so far collected “more than 1,500 shocking and difficult testimonies,” from witnesses, medics, and pathologists, a senior police officer told the Knesset, which is the Supreme state body of Israel.
“It was clear they were trying to spread as much horror as they could — to kill, to burn alive, to rape,” said Haim Outmezgine, a senior member of ZAKA rescue services, which has been working to gather the remains of the dead. “It seemed their mission was to rape as many [people] as possible.”
Another witness, identified as Shari, described what she had seen during a two-week investigation that she volunteered for as part of a group preparing the remains of female victims for burial.
“Opening the body bags was scary as we didn’t know what we would see,” Shari said. “They were all young women. Most in little clothing or shredded clothing and their bodies bloodied particularly around their underwear and some women shot many times in the face as if to mutilate them. There seems to be no doubt what happened to them.”
Both Outmezgine and Shari’s testimonies contained severely graphic and tragic details regarding what they witnessed in the Hamas-led attacks.
On Thursday, the United Nations (UN) issued a condemnation and vowed to examine the sexual crimes performed by Hamas.
“There are numerous accounts of sexual violence during the abhorrent acts of terror by Hamas on October 7th that must be vigorously investigated and prosecuted,” UN Secretary-General Antonio Guterres wrote on X, formerly Twitter, on November 30th. “Gender-based violence must be condemned. Anytime. Anywhere.”
In preparation for a potential rape trial, Israeli police investigators have begun constructing multiple sexual assault cases against terrorists from Gaza who participated in the massacres.